Woman says she stopped attacker by jabbing him with fork
By Janice Gregorson
Post-Bulletin, Rochester MN
An evening walk ended with a fight and a Rochester man being stabbed in the forehead with a fork after he allegedly tried to sexually assault a woman last week. Now the man faces a string of misdemeanor, gross misdemeanor and felony charges.
Thomas Alan Armstrong, 53, 803 Second Ave. N.W., No. 2, is charged with felony making terroristic threats; gross misdemeanor attempted criminal sexual conduct in the fifth degree; and two counts of misdemeanor fifth-degree assault. Unconditional bail is set at $30,000, and conditional bail is set at $15,000. He returns to court Thursday.
Police were called March 10 to a residence in the 300 block of Second Street Northwest, where a woman was screaming for someone to call police. The 40-year-old victim told officers that she and Armstrong had gone for a walk and that he dropped his wallet and later accused her of stealing it. She said he became upset and tried several times to force her to have sex. She said she pushed him away and he became more upset.
After he threatened to kill her, she said, she told him to leave. She said he walked toward her, she threw a vase at him and hit him in the head, he hit
her in the head, she grabbed a fork from a kitchen counter, jabbed it into his forehead and yelled for help. Armstrong stopped punching her and left, the
complaint says.
http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?z=2&a=390812

